Curse of the "H." House
Soon after occupying an old, allegedly paranormal house, a family began to feel creeped out. These feelings progressed to hearing bells, footsteps, seeing ghosts, feeling paranoia, and being assaulted in their sleep. It turns out an old furnace had been leaking carbon monoxide, slowly poisoning the family and driving them to the brink of insanity. Once the furnace was fixed, the family no longer had violent hallucinations, nor were they ever again driven mad by supernaturally inflated heating bills.