Harrison Ford says he wants 'nothing to do' with the young Han Solo movie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens may be opening full force tonight (and I can't wait to see it over the weekend so shhhhh, spoilers!), but that doesn't mean the Star Wars craze will be over and done with. 

With Star Wars: Episode VIII and IX, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the young Han Solo movie in different planning stages, there's plenty of stuff from a galaxy far, far away coming around the corner to keep the Star Wars buzz going for years to come.

The new young Han Solo Star Wars anthology movie, set to open in theaters on May 25, 2018, will be helmed by LEGO Movie directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord. The studio has apparently met with more than 2,500 Han Solo hopefuls for the role. 

During the press event with the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in London, Harrison Ford was asked about the young Han Solo movie that's currently being written by the father-and-son duo of Lawrence and Jon Kasdan. Here's what Ford told Patrick Dane:

“As far as the movie featuring a young Han Solo. I…(laughs) I don’t know what to think about that. I’m glad that somebody else is is going to have the burden of being young. It’s well beyond my understanding or control and I personally want nothing to do with it, in the nicest possible way. I know it will be well done and well guided. And, um, it’s nothing to do with me.”

Last month, Ford hinted that Lucasfilm hadn’t spoken to him about the upcoming movie, but he had some cool advice for the guy who’ll step into the iconic character’s boots: “I would say, ‘Talk to your director. Watch the movies. And welcome aboard. Make it your own.’”

(via Bleeding Cool)

More from around the web