With Sleepy Hollow being arguably one of the best genre TV shows to have graced the 2013-2014 TV season, it’s no wonder we’re quite excited about season two. Thankfully, the stars have shared some interesting tidbits about what’s coming up for our intrepid duo in order to whet our appetites.
During Wednesday night's Sleepy Hollow PaleyFest - attended by Nicole Beharie (Lt. Abbie Mills), Tom Mison (Ichabod Crane), Lyndie Greenwood (Jenny Mills), Orlando Jones (Capt. Frank Irving) and John Cho (Andy Brooks) from the cast, and by executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Heather Kadin, Mark Goffman and Len Wiseman -- series co-creator Orci told the crowd that “War doesn’t work by himself, does he? There’s a lot of amazing footsoldiers coming.”
Here are the main bullet points of what’s been revealed about the second season of Sleepy Hollow.
- They’ll have a secret weapon! If and when Abbie and Ichabod reunite (duh!), our intrepid duo may use, according to the executive producers, the Headless Horseman’s head in order to contrive a “new creation that our team kind of controls.” Giving them one more fighting chance on their side against the evil Big Bads.
- What’s gonna happen with Henry? Well, in what was one of the best twists on Sleepy Hollow so far, the season-one finale revealed that John Noble’s sin-eater Henry Parrish was in truth Jeremy — Katrina and Ichabod’s son. Wiseman said, “It’s their son. Can you kill your own son?”
- Will John Cho return? “If I can come back, let’s do it,” Cho said.
- Will Ichabod and Abbie get it on hook up? Yeah, admit it. This one's on everyone’s lips. Seems like it doesn’t matter that Icchy’s wife Katrina’s back from purgatory. No sirree! During the panel, Tom Mison revealed he’d never heard of “shipping” before joining the FOX show. “It’s a good thing, apparently,” Mison said, joking, with Jones adding, “You should Google ‘slash’ just for fun.’” Good stuff. Beharie said she understood fans’ motivations and enthusiasm for “Ichabbie,” saying “I can imagine that people are watching like, ‘Hook up, already! Hook up!’”
- So, what’s happening with the other two Horsemen (Conquest and Famine, since War and Death have been revealed)? An audience member asked the panel just who they’d like to dream-cast in the roles. Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead), Idris Elba (Luther), Tilda Swinton, Javier Bardem and Clint Eastwood (yes, Clint Eastwood) were named as potential Horsemen.
- What’s Ichabod going to do next season? Well, he may get behind the wheel in season two, but Tom Mison will have to get his learner’s permit first, since he doesn’t drive.
Meanwhile, Headless also put in a surprise appearance during the panel. Have a look:
So, are you guys excited for Sleepy Hollow’s second season?