Rumor of the Day: Zachary Quinto to quit Spock after Trek sequel?

If you guys were stunned about last week's shocking American Horror Story reveal concerning Zachary Quinto's character, wait till you hear this one. Rumor is, Quinto may not reprise the role of Mr. Spock after Star Trek Into Darkness hits theaters next year.

Say what?

[And—spoilers ahead!]

According to TrekWeb, Zachary Quinto spoke about his reveal as the villain called "Bloody Face" on American Horror Story: Asylum in the Nov. 23 issue of "Entertainment Weekly," as well as his role as Spock in J.J. Abram's Star Trek movie reboot, which will warp into theaters on May 17, 2013.

Quinto stated that he was "hesitant" to take on the role of the psycho villain after playing one for four seasons on Heroes as Sylar. However, Quinto took on the role of Dr. Thredson/Bloody Face because he "was drawn to the fact that he's not a super-powered serial killer who's telekinetically slicing people's heads open."

Though he feels the role has been rewarding, Quinto has said that he's ready to:

"go in a different direction" with his career after Star Trek Into Darkness hits theaters next summer. "It's like an era of association with certain roles - a specific part like Spock, or a kind of part, like Sylar — is coming to an end," he says. "I think it's safe to say this will be the last serial killer I'll be playing for the foreseeable future."

So does that mean that ZQ—as he's being affectionately called by his fans—is ready to drop the pointy ears, shaved eyebrows and give up the role of Spock already? Or are we making out too much out of this?

(Entertainment Weekly via Trek Web)

More from around the web