Can Colin Farrell save the postponed Arthur & Lancelot movie?

Irish actor Colin Farrell is currently in talks to star in Arthur & Lancelot. Is the actor's star power enough to save the troubled film?

Back in January, Warner bros. postponed (aka pulled the plug on) David Dobkin's Arthur & Lancelot, deeming the film to be too expensive to make.

The more actiony take on the Arthurian legend—with a focus on the Arthur/Lancelot friendship—had already nabbed Game of Thrones' Kit Harington and Joel Kinnaman (who's now been cast as the new Robocop) in the roles of Arthur and his BFF knight, respectively.

Now it seems the studio wants to move on with the project, but this time they're keen on attaching a well-known star to the it, 'cause well-known star = usually better chances of a bigger box office return.

Enter Colin Farrell.

According to Variety, the Fright Night and upcoming Total Recall star is said to be in talks with the studio to star in the film:

With Farrell the film not only looks to be up and running, but the studio now has a more recognizable star in place. Some sources said the lack of that star was part of the reason Warners was wary about moving forward in January.

Plot details are vague. Though Dobkin is known more for his comedies like The Wedding Crashers and The Change-Up, insiders said this pic will be more of an action pic in in the vein of Braveheart.

What do you think? Do you believe the studio has better chances of a blockbuster hit with Colin Farrell attached to star as either King Arthur or his brave knight and friend Lancelot?

Guess we'll have to wait and see how Farrell's next big movie, Totall Recall, pans out on August 12.

(Variety via Slash Film)

More from around the web