Eric Bana says no to any more Star Trek

Star Trek's Eric Bana won't be back in any way, shape or form as the vengeance-seeking Nero whenever a proposed sequel goes before the cameras, but the Australian actor said it's possible that deleted Nero scenes could turn up as extras on the upcoming Star Trek DVD and Blu-ray.

"It was an unbelievable experience, and it's such a great group of actors on that movie," Bana said in a group interview this past weekend while promoting his latest film, the sci-fi/romance The Time Traveler's Wife, in New York. "I didn't get to work with all of them individually, but I got to know them on this massive junket that we went on, which was a lot of fun. There's nothing about that film that wasn't an amazing amount of fun and a great experience."

Asked flat-out if he'd do another Star Trek adventure if the filmmakers found a way to work Nero in, Bana replied, "It was just a one-time for me."

The actor then confirmed that several scenes he shot ended up on the cutting-room floor, scenes that might be among the extras when the Star Trek DVD is released on Nov. 17. A glance at the Star Trek DVD spec sheet reveals that one of the deleted scenes is referred to as "Prison Interrogation and Breakout." As previously reported, this scene involves Nero and his crew fighting Klingons to escape from the ice-planet penal colony of Rura Penthe.

"I'm sure there will be," Bana said. "There are always [scenes cut]. There were a few scenes, some detail, but nothing really that leaves you with any less clue who Nero is. I mean, there was a sequence in jail and me escaping from jail. Yeah, you're kind of bummed when your fight sequences go, because you work on them and stuff, but I could totally see—I understand the editor's pains—and I could see why they dropped things."

More from around the web