Fox watches Watchmen: Studio seeks to block March release.

An attorney for 20th Century Fox says the studio will continue to seek an order delaying the release of Watchmen, the Associated Press reported.

U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feess last week agreed with Fox that Warner Brothers had infringed its copyright by developing and shooting the superhero movie, scheduled for release March 6.

Feess said on Dec. 29 he plans to hold a trial Jan. 20 to decide remaining issues.

Fox claims it never fully relinquished story rights from its deal made in the late 1980s, and sued Warner in February. Warner contended Fox isn't entitled to distribution.

Warner said in a statement released Monday afternoon that it still thinks Fox's case has "no merit" and that it will win the case, either at trial or through an appeal.

More from around the web